Promethean unveils ActivTable for public preview at BETT 2012. The new technology shakes up the classroom environment by providing a dynamic and interactive learning experience. ActivTable inspires users to take an active role in their own learning and that of their friends by driving student engagement, participation and creativity.
The ActivTable is aimed towards primary school and special educational needs learners. At 46 inches, the screen provides one of the largest interactive surface areas on the market and allows up to six students to use it at any one time, with ample room for them to work together. The interactive nature of the ActivTable encourages inclusion and collaborative skills such as problem solving, group work, critical thinking and consensus decision making.
With web browser capabilities, individual tool libraries and support for numerous applications and activities, the ActivTable is simple to set up and intuitive to use. Teachers can also create tailor made activities in order to meet core curriculum learning objectives. The ActivTable integrates easily with Promethean and third party resources, content and solutions, including interactive whiteboards.
See the ActivTable in action here and view the product video
Why it matters
- The ActivTable drives collaboration, increases student engagement, empowers students to lead their own learning and develops creativity
- With flexible learning opportunities, ActivTables support both small group work and whole class activities
- The ActivTable brings the back of the classroom to the front by actively engaging all students
What is new?
- 46” Full HD LCD display – one of the largest screens on any interactive table
- Individual tool library including keyboards, maths tools, web browsers etc
- Easy table access for chairs and wheelchairs
- Visitors to BETT 2012 will get a preview of ActivTable in action at stand B30
“Learning and teaching effectiveness are undoubtedly increased by creating opportunities for collaboration and engagement. ActivTable encourages inclusive group activities alongside personalised learning. From the teachers’ perspective, it also supports immediate assessment and integrates with core curriculum learning objectives.” Jean-Yves Charlier, Chief Executive Officer, Promethean
“ActivTable offers an intuitive way to engage students, making learning fun and relevant in the 21st century. ActivTable uses the touch sensitive technology many students are already familiar with away from the classroom through tablets and smart phones.” Helen Isherwood, ActivTable Product Manager, Promethean
“The ActivTable is brilliant. You can move things around, flip them over and connect them. It is fun and educational at the same time.” William Harper, age 9
The public launch of ActivTable will be in late March 2012, with general availability from late June.
Follow us online: